Kefir in Brighton

Have you ever heard about kefir?




Kefir is a refreshing, probiotic cultured milk drink that originated in the northern Caucasus Mountains many centuries ago from the fermentation of the milk using kefir grains. 

The fermentation process provides a delicious drink that is slightly thicker than milk and contains beneficial yeasts such as Saccharomyces unisporus, Kluyveromyces marxianus and beneficial bacteria including lactobacillus caucasus. 

In the 70s it was all the rage and everyone had a ‘pot of Kefir’ on their work tops.



Kefir has been assigned a variety of health claims in addition to its nutritional value. 
Many studies regarding kefir’s biological activities have established that kefir has anti-inflammatory activity, immune-modulating activity, antimicrobial activity and anti-proliferative activity, and it has the potential to become a type of functional food.

Since I was a child we used to have kefir grains at home. My mum was who dedicated her time taking care of kefir so our kefir just lasted several weeks because it tends to grow and it is a tedious task to do every day.

I really like kefir and I have tried to keep looking after my grains but I was surprised when I found kefir kings in Brighton who send milk kefir home. 

I hope that you can enjoy it as well!!


Comentarios

Entradas populares